Something Wonderful 2017
Mark your calendars, because Something Wonderful is happening again in 2017! We're preparing another sensory smorgasbord of electronic goodness with top-notch visual production as we expand Something Wonderful to a two-day event taking place on Saturday, April 22nd and Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at our massive venue of the Texas Motor Speedway.
Hours of Operation
Day 1: Saturday, April 22nd
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Box Office opens at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 1:00 AM
- Parking lots close at 2:00 AM
Day 2: Sunday, April 23rd
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Box Office opens at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 12:00 AM
- Parking lots close at 1:00 AM
You must be at least 18 years of age to enter the event. To purchase and consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years of age.
The 2017 edition of Something Wonderful will be held at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas (3545 Lone Star Cir, Fort Worth, TX 76177, USA).
The festival will take place rain or shine, excluding life threatening weather. Please keep up-to-date on local weather reports and plan your attire and preparations accordingly.
Security and Entry
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough, TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your items examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Zero Tolerance for Drug Use or Possession
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated - either inside or outside the venue. If you are found inebriated at the entrance, security will not allow you to enter the festival. Event staff reserves the right of admittance refusal.
Safety & Medical
We are dedicated to providing the most secure and safe environment for our patrons as possible. A team consisting of public and private security, as well as medical staff, will be present throughout the entire event. If you require assistance, please look for the medical and information tents, or seek out a security or staff team member.
Lost & Found
To retrieve misplaced belongings during the event, visit the Lost & Found booth located next to the locker stations beside Wicked’s Gate stage. Before the gates open on Sunday (Day 2), visit the box office to reunite with lost items. Once the event concludes on Sunday (Day 2), lost & found is hosted by Texas Motor Speedway; call Anjanette Garrett at 817-215-8593.
Water Refill Stations
Stay hydrated! Fill up your Wonderful water bottle (get your very own at the merch booth), CamelBak, or empty container (purchased inside the festival) at our free water refill stations. To find the nearest station, look for the water droplet symbol on the festival map.
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event, with roaming vendors carrying water, snacks, and other beverages.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited. You must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification.
Safety & Medical
To ensure a safe environment for all, security and medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance, please go to the nearest First Aid tent, or seek out an event staff member.
The general store is stocked with items you may have forgotten at home. From eye drops, tampons, and sun screen - these are just a few of the items available.
Information booths will be stationed throughout the venue. Check your festival map for specific locations.
Something Wonderful merchandise can be found on the official festival map. Visit the booth to shop a variety of apparel and accessories including tees, tanks, hats, water bottles, and more! Each year we design new styles to commemorate the event, don't miss out on the 2017 merch!
Approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 17" deep, enjoy the ease of having personal storage with all-day access on the festival grounds so you can come and go anytime you please and leave with all your stuff intact - every festival goers' dream! Plus, for an added convenience, choose a locker with phone charging capabilities. Stow away your things and plug in your phone to keep the battery charged and stay tapped into all the Wonderful happenings.
Code of Conduct
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing, or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Giveaways, etc.
- NO Camping.
- NO Tailgating.
- Your Ticket (paper or digital) or Wristband.
- Your Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Smiles and Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged.
- OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (Maximum 21" x 10" x 14").
- OK Fanny Packs.
- OK Reusable Something Wicked & Something Wonderful Aluminum Water Bottles (Arrive empty).
- OK Camelbaks (non multi-pocket, arrive empty).
- OK Clear Plastic Water Bottles (Limit one per person, arrive empty).
- OK Glowsticks, Flow-wands, Batons, or Orbs.
- OK Orbits, Flowlights, or Poi.
- OK Handheld Camera Devices (GoPro, Sony Action Cam, HTC Re Camera, etc. Must be 6" in size or less.)
- OK Selfie Sticks.
- OK Mobile Phones.
- OK Portable Battery Chargers.
- OK Lighters.
- OK Earplugs.
- OK Sunglasses.
- OK Hats.
- OK Ponchos.
- OK Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- OK Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Sealed Chapstick.
- OK Sealed Packs of Gum.
- OK Sealed Eyedrops.
- OK Sealed Tampons.
- OK Dry Makeup (NO liquid makeup).
- OK Sealed Sunscreen (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed Deodorant (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed/Disposable E-Cigarettes.
- OK Vaporized E-Cigarettes (Including refillable liquid chambers, must be empty upon arrival.) Refills and liquids are NOT available for purchase on-site.
- OK Sealed Packs of Cigarettes.
- OK Plastic Tarps and Blankets.
- OK Hula Hoops (Including LED).
- OK Fatheads and Posters.
- OK Flags, Decorated Pool Noodles, and Totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others.
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Unopened Over the Counter Medications.
- NO Unopened Bottle of Vitamins.
- NO Animals (except service animals).
- NO Massagers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO Pacifiers, Dust Masks, or Gas Masks.
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups, or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens, or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners.
- NO Inflatables, Balloons, Balls, Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Umbrellas, or Chairs.
- NO Bota Bags.
- NO Backpacks, Purses, or Bags larger than 21" x 10" x 14".
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes.
- NO Unsealed Tampons.
- NO Liquid Makeup.
- NO Unsealed or Aerosol Sunscreen.
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy, etc).
- NO Musical Instruments (Including Whistles, etc).
- NO Tactical Gear.
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Including Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment - Photo, Video, or Audio (Including Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, etc).
- NO Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- NO Totems which contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totems and flags without these pieces and deemed safe at entry will be allowed.
- NO Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the concert by management.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- United States Passport.
- DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
- United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
- Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
- DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
- Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
- Native American Tribal Photo ID.
- A foreign government-issued passport.
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).
Unacceptable Forms of Identification
- Expired identification card.
- School identification card.
- License/ID card issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
- Birth certificate.
- Social security card.
- Federal immigration card.
- Voter registration card.
- Copies of any acceptable forms of identification.
Our event is fully accessible and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the festival amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions or requests, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you have an awesome experience of Something Wonderful!
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities and the assistance of our Access team. Throughout the venue there are accessible pathways connecting activity areas including including parking, entrances, stages, and vendors. For any areas that may be challenging for wheelchair users, our Access team will provide transportation from the Customer Service location.
A separate ADA parking lot will be available for patrons with valid handicap placards, plates, or permits, as well as the applicable proof that it belongs to them. Please follow on-site signage or ask a staff member upon entering the festival how to access this lot.
Please note that it is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials, or to fraudulently use someone else's in order to gain access to ADA parking.
All accessibility-related inquires can be answered at our Customer Service location, which will be located just inside the venue entrance.
Accessible Viewing Areas
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons who may need to see above the crowd on a number of Something Wonderful's stages. For entrance to the platform please visit the Customer Service location to gain access to these elevated areas.
There are accessible pathways and routes throughout the venue. We encourage all patrons to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Absolutely no personal golf carts will be allowed.
Persons with disabilities and their service dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at Something Wonderful, as are those training service animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Due to large-scale animal service fraud, and for the protection of all festival patrons, service animals must be screened and registered at the Customer Service location immediately upon entry to the site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for protocol regarding service animals.
Any service animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue.
- All service animals must remain by the handler's side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area provided.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
Accessible Restrooms will be available throughout the venue and will be located at all restroom banks. Access Maps will be available show these locations. Most accessible restroom will have a combination padlock to maintain cleanliness of the facility. Please visit the Customer Service location to receive access.
ATM's and Concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required please confer with a festival staff member.
First Aid: We have several First Aid locations that are noted on the festival maps. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Special Dietary Needs: Something Wonderful will have food vendors that provide gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the festival food service, please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about policies or our services please contact us.